To give is to help or show a kind of charity to others. It is the responsibility of a pastor to teach or let the congregation know how to give genuinely, biblically so that blessings of God would follows those who did it.
Giving does not exclude anybody both the pastors and congregation should learn to give so that they too can receive from God. In Luke 6 :38 ” Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, press down,and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete it shall be measured to you again”
Below are some ways of how to give biblically…
1. Tithing Ref Malachi 3:8-10.
2. Offering is voluntary, willingness not by force or by grudging ref 2 Corinthians 9:7.
3. Giving for the development of missionary ref Philippians 4:15.
Giving to the ministers of God ref Galatians 6:6
4. Giving to the widows ref 1Timothy5:16.
5. Giving to the poor the Bible says blessed is the man that considered the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble ref psalms 41:1.
It is good to give than taking advantage of receiving all the time. I pray that God will open our understanding in giving.
By Evang Akintoye, email@example.com